Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a blessing grandchildren are to us old people! Meet mine:

Caedmon Middleton
Caedmon means wise warrior
Middleton means middle town
Iain
Iain means God Is gracious


Noah Matthew
Noah means repose; consolation, rest, movement
Matthew means gift of Yahweh; gift of God
Isaiah Robert
Isaiah means the salvation of Jehovah, the salvation of the Lord
Robert means shining with fame; God's anointing
Abijah Saul
Abijah means the Lord is my father
Saul means asked for, called one, desired one
Nehemiah Walter
Nehemiah means consolation; repentance of the Lord
Walter means Godly Warrior


Asher Kincaid
Asher means who is happy; or walks; or looks; happiness
Kincaid means head of the woods, or this I'll defend
Levi Arron
Levi means adhesion, associated with him
Arron means high mountain: Lofty or inspired
Addie Sue
Addie means ornament, my witness; adorned;
Sue means lily

Isaac Walter
Isaac means laughter
Walter means Godly warrior
Grace Louise
Grace means spiritual blessing
Louise means renowned warrior
Jude Allen
Jude means the praise of the Lord; confession
Allen means handsome


Micaiah Camile
Micaiah means who resembles God
Camile means Altar server, or free-born; noble
Nicolae Judah
Nicolae means victory of the people
Judah means praise

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Please also note the all important meaning of Nicolae's middle name Judah-praise
so given for the complications surrounding his birth...as I believe there is at least one other notable middle name - that of Abijah...

Marylou said...

I will go back and add everyone's middle names, except for Iain does not have one...

Kristi Eileen said...

This is great Mom... maybe you'll be able to add my kids when I have them in 20 years:)

Marylou said...

Well I will do that! But I think it will be within the next 4.

Nicole said...

I hope so! Let's see...23 + 20 + 18....let's hope they go away to college!!!

This really is nice. I love the meaning of names. Our sermon here on Sunday was actually about this and God changing Abram and Sarai's names and also when i took that "which woman of the bible are you" quiz, I came out to be deborah, and the last line of her description said "you are a victor" which is really funny because Nicole means victory.

Kristi Eileen said...

61... I'll have enough time in the next 20 years to not only find a husband, but to also save enough for a nanny,private school, and college:)


A LESSON