Saturday, October 18, 2008

-- Ecclesiastes 10:18
I get a daily prayer devotional
from http://www.heartlight.org/
I am sharing todays because it spoke to me while I was procrastinating from doing my unpacking.



VERSE:
If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the
house leaks.
-- Ecclesiastes 10:18
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Ecclesiastes+10:18

THOUGHT:
Laziness is not just an attitude, it is a lack of action. It is
a choice to let important matters suffer neglect. While the results
of this choice may not always be evident, over the passage of time,
the basic results of idleness are borne out by the accumulating
signs of decay and destruction.

PRAYER:
Stir in me, dear Heavenly Father, a passion to do what is true
and good and righteous. Convict my heart when I neglect what is
important. Please help me discern the difference between laziness
and a genuine need for rest and to balance my life between my many responsibilities. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Do Saturdays count?

Marylou said...

I think you can rest on Saturday especially if your dh is home. LOL


A LESSON