Wednesday, September 03, 2008

LET'S GO TO PRAYER!
I love talking to God! It is such a wonderful thing to be able to go to Him and just talk about EVERYTHING! I would never have gotten through raising seven beautiful children without constant communication with God. He was so faithful to me as I tried to raise my children, and He was so patient with me. He did a good job with them, in spite of all my mistakes. He does forgive us for our mistakes, and He works all things together for good to those who love and serve Him. My kids are a perfect proof of that. I made mistakes, He worked it together for good! Praise Him! For many there is no difficulty going to our heavenly Father in prayer, but for those of you who struggle with talking to God try these easy steps:
The Acronym for praying is A.C.T.S.
Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication
All verses today: New King James Version (NKJV)Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
It is easy! Just talk to Him! He is eager to hear from you!
He is so wonderful. Don't be embarrassed to tell Him that He is! Find a Prayer Closet, A place to go and be alone with God. But also talk to Him in the midst of what ever you are doing. Pray without ceasing.
"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,"
Romans 1:9
"pray without ceasing," 1 Thessalonians 5:15

"I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day,"
2 Timothy 1:3


1. ADORATION
Read these verses and Adore and Worship Our God


"God reigns over the nations;
God sits on His holy throne."
Psalm 47

"For the word of the LORD is right,
And all His work is done in truth."
Psalm 33:4

"Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite."
Psalm 147:5


2. Confession: Agree with God about your sin:
Psalm 32:5
God already knows about your sin, but He want you to talk to Him about it. He wants to hear from you and to give you peace.
I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
Psalm 32:5

And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
Matthew 6:12

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9


3. Thanksgiving: Show God your gratitude for His wisdom and your freedom in Him. Thank Him for all your many gifts, your family, friends, and those who are important in your life."

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."
Psalm 100:4

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—"
1 Timothy 2:1

"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." John 8:36

"He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love"
Colossians 1:13

"I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers," Philemon 1:4

"With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the LORD : 'He is good; his love to Israel endures forever.'And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid."
Ezra 3:10-12
4. Supplication/ Requesting: Calling on God for Help

"But You, O LORD, do not be far from Me;O My Strength, hasten to help Me!"
Psalm 22:19

“For the Lord GOD will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed."
Isaiah 50:7

"Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, 'Lord, help me!'”Matthew 15:25

"All Your commandments are faithful;They persecute me wrongfully; Help me!"
Psalm 119:86


Just remember, to glorify God learn to live this verse:
"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Corinthians 10:31

Each New Day is Special

"The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!'" Lamentations 3:22-24 (NASB)

Have a blessed time communing with God every day!

No comments:


A LESSON