Wednesday, September 03, 2008

From Joshua on Prayer:
This one is kind of a prayer I was praying and I was reading something and it lead me to think of this.

I make so many mistakes more than I care to remember,
and even though you know every single one of them
why is it so hard to admit them to you?
One thing I am thankful for is your grace that covered me
from the moment I realized I am nothing without you
and by your grace I am healed
and all the grief of this life can be taken care of.
God help me not to stumble,
make me a lighthouse for the lost ships,
give this mouth the words to speak,
give this heart a will to do
what you would have it do,
give this body the strength
to overcome all obstacles,
give this mind the knowledge
to understand your requests.
Take me, make me all that you need.

This road is so rocky,
the mountains are so high and steep,
this valley is so dark and deep,
this desert is so barren and lonely
and these waters are so wide.

God please give me the strength,
courage, will, and heart
to press on to the ultimate goal.
Be the sole of my shoe on this rocky road,
be the safety rope on this steep mountain,
be the light in the deep dark valley,
be the boat in the waters that are so wide
and be my comfort in this desert so lonely.
Do I ask too much?
Help me to be less of me
and more of you!


Thanks Joshua That is beautiful!

No comments:


A LESSON