Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 2 of my 7 Days of Thankfulness.

Day 2.
I am to share 3 things  I am thankful each day for seven days.
1. I am thankful for all the special aunts in my life. Aunt Polly and Aunt Lois are the only ones left in this world. My earliest memory of my Aunt Polly is her taking me for a ride in her green 50's something chevy. It didn't have a back seat, and I remember standing where the seat should have been, her driving south on one of the tree lined streets in the avenues.  I remember her moving in their permanent home, and hauling a grey carpet from their old house to the new one. I remember her pretty yellow counter/ table tops. I remember the work she put into her church mother/daughter banquets. I remember her laughing and having fun with my mom while they made Christmas cookies. I remember her always being there for me. She is a very special lady!
My Aunt Lois was also a very special lady in my early life. I remember her washing my face with a really hot wash cloth. I remember her having a wonderful time with my mom preparing our family Thanksgiving dinner over in Laramie at the UW dairy farm. She had an infectous  giggle. She was a lot of fun too.
My Aunt Lucille,  I never really ever knew, my memories of her are of them coming to the ranch on vacation.  But I never really did anything with her. She had 4 pretty awesome sons, whom I am now getting to know through facebook.
My Aunt Martha was a sweet lady. I spent time at her house, and she was very easy going, and I loved staying with her in her tiny avenues home.
My Aunt Inez always had the most beautiful hair. She was the most serious of the three sisters. I remember her as a really nice lady.  I never really spent any alone time with her.
Aunt Bergetta was the woman who crocheted all my awesome doll dresses. I remember her making beautiful crocheted items. She was a very kind woman.
My Aunt Delores was my Uncle Dick's second wife, and I remember her as a serious woman, very meticulous,  and a woman who adored my Uncle Dick. She and Uncle Dick came out to visit at the ranch often from California.  Always a sweet time. My Aunt Mina was another aunt I never really knew. I have not got many memories of her, but remember her as the first person who brought dump cake to family gatherings.... I do not remember my Aunt Evelyn at all. My great Aunt Eva was one of my favorite aunts. She was always happy. 
I think Aunts are very important for women, and they teach us many things. I was/am richly blessed by things I learned from them. And from my memories,  in my experience,  the most important thing they can impart to their nieces  is to love one another.
2. I am thankful for my uncles. My Uncle Lee was a very quiet man, my most fond memory of him was when he took my brother and our cousins to the movies one time. It was a really fun time. I think it was around the world in 80 days or something. I also remember watching TV with him at their house. It was pleasant being in his company. My Uncle George was a fun little Scotsman with a fun Scottish accent. I mostly remember him riding the brown mare Nancy when we rounded up cattle. He was fun. Loved having him around. He always wore jean colored Wrangler shirts and Wranglers. He had the prettiest blue eyes I have ever seen. My Uncle Martin was always talking politics, and he drank a little coffee with his cream. He loved mowing the hayfields. And I remember him sharpening sickels (no idea how to spell that) My Uncle Stan was a lovely, sweet man. I loved being with him when he worked on the UW dairy farm. He was always kind to me. I loved his wavy red hair and freckles. I remember my Uncle John Henry making rolls he was an amazing baker. He was also a serious guy that I never really knew. He was extremely handsome with blond hair and pale blue eyes. My Uncle Bill was another I never really knew. When he came to the ranch, he went fishing. He was more of a man's man, and really didn't talk to me. Uncle Dick was honestly my favorite.  He was full of riddles and controversy,  he also loved fishing, but he always took out time to draw things and play with me. Always trying to teach me something. All of my uncles were good men, and I was blessed with their involvement in making me who I am.
3. Finally after 10 months in the womb, we got to meet our second born son on January 5, 1978.He has been blessing us ever since. Always the entrepreneur, Matthew Anderson was shooting  gophers, (or was he trapping them?) skinning and tanning the hides, and selling them from a very early age. He was fishing for fish early on, but was telling people about Jesus and evangelizing even before he had made a personal decision to follow Him. Now he is still fishing and hunting, and has made his home in Utah where he and his family are disciples making disciples who will make more disciples.  He is great husband, father and son. And he is a true blessing.

No comments:


A LESSON