Friday, September 12, 2014

7 Days of Thankfulness

On Facebook I have been challenged by my cousin, Pat Hamil to spend 7 days sharing 3 things each day that I am thankful for. Thought it would make a good Blog
1. The first and foremost,  is my relationship with my oh so awesome Creator.  He has been with me from the womb, and I have been talking to Him daily, since I was three years old and my mom told me about Yeshua while setting up our nativity set. She told me how the baby Jesus grew up and died for the bad things we did, so we could go to heaven. Pretty simple, but so very complex! I cried.  I felt so bad because the naughty things I did caused Him to have to die. But then my mom told me that was what Easter was about because we celebrate that He came alive three days later and He lives in heaven.  And when we ask forgiveness and ask Him to, He will come live in our hearts and His Holy Spirit will help us be good. I did ask Him right then. And though I was only 3 &1/2 years old, I will never forget it! So combined with being thankful for God, I am thankful to my Mom, Dorothy Ferguson for sharing the Gospel with me at such a very young age!

2. The next thing I am thankful for is a wreck I was in when I was driving home from Thermopolis where I was going to Vet Tech school. I am thankful for it because it changed my communication time with Yahweh Shalom.
I was near Medicine Bow, and a wind came up, turned my old blue 65 Ford wagon backwards, and I was heading to death. I said, "Lord, guess this is it. Please forgive me for not doing anything for You, and please let me live with you." The car hit a bank, heading backwards, and I must have passed out. When I came to, I was amazed I was alive, and totaly okay.  A truck driver came by, told me that spot was horrible for wind gusts and I wasn't the first nor would I be the last to end up blown off the road there. He dropped me off at the Virginian, and I called home,  then my new friend who lived in Medicine Bow, Terry Anderson, who drove me home in his old blue chevy pickup.   Well, probably hourly since that time I spend time in prayer with God. In May of that school year, Terry and I missed getting to a cousin's wedding. We were alone at the ranch, and had a pretty big snow storm. I went to bed that night, asking God what to do about Terry. The bible had told me to not be unequally yoked. But I was crazy about this unbelievably sweet, caring guy. And I knew without a doubt he loved me, and I loved Him. So I asked God what I should do. You know what? In the still of that night as I cried and struggled with this problem, God spoke to me and said "marry him" I felt an imeadiate peace flow into my body and my soul. Yes, He is Yaweh Shalom. He is Peace!
The next day, after the chores were done, and we were sitting in front the heater, we talked about "what next". Finally, I asked, "so do you wanna get married?" And he said yes! So now you all know I proposed to my husband instead of him proposing to me.

3. The next thing I want to share that I am thankful for today, is our first born son.  Mark Allen Anderson has been a blessing to us since he was conceived,  but we got to first see him on December 4, 1975.  What a blessing he has been. So talented, he is an amazing artist, and musician. I love hearing him play the fiddle and sing. He is a great husband, and a wonderful father to his kids. And he is serving God, as a preacher in Scotland!  And he is a wonderful son. Read the sweet note in my "Our Journey with God" Album (on Facebook) Mark gave Terry while he was in hospital last December.  I also added other photos to accompany this blog today.
Yes, I am truly thankful.

No comments:


A LESSON