Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Abba, Father; Daddy.

Romans 8:15 "You haven’t received the spirit of slaves that leads you into fear again. Instead, you have received the spirit of God’s adopted children by which we call out, “Abba! Father!”

I was blessed with an amazing Father figure growing up. Many people were not, my husband among the latter. 
Yesterday during our study, a question was asked. I am going to share my husband's response.   It both broke my heart and warmed it at the same time.
The question was "When was the first time you recognised God as your Abba, Father,  your Daddy?"
My husbabd said it was a few days after my dad, (his father-in-law) died. He told me he felt God taking his hand literaly and pulling him into His arms and hugging him, telling him that He would now be his Dad. I shared a similar experience, as did a couple of our children. My dad had been such a tremendous father, father figure in all our lives. One of the sweet things I remember about my dad was that he did not call my sister-in-law Angie by her name, he called her "Daughter". He called my husband "Son". My husband did not have a father-son relationship until we married. That bond my dad made with him, was so special. It filled a void. Once dad was gone, God stepped in and refilled that void for him.  Whether you still have an earthy father, and have a great relationship, or if you have not been privileged to have an earthly daddy, or if your dad is no longer there for you, you have the privilage of having an even better relationship with our Heavenly Father.  If you have accepted Yeshua;  Jesus as your Savior, and turned your life over to Him, then you have been automatically adopted into His family as His son or daughter. He loves you, and He wants you to call Him Abba Father, Daddy. I invite you to get to know God in a very special and intimate way. Get to know our AbbaFather.

No comments:


A LESSON