Friday, March 22, 2013

Daddy ~ Abba, Father


We have been studying the names of God for quite some time now. Many wonderful attributes of God. So many chapters in my life. And an attribute for each chapter. Growing up, learning that he is Elohim; my Creator, El Elyon, my Sovereign, and Adonai; my Lord. For those times as Terry and I struggled financially raising seven children on a single income in order to home school, we depended on Yahweh Jireh; He is your Provider and I particularly depended on Yahweh Shaddai ~ He is Enough for you. It was nice to know that He was there and He was all I needed. For that time when we were going through the cancer with Molly, we clung to the names Yahweh Rophe ~ He is Your Healer and Yahweh Nissi ~ He is your Victory. He did both for us, healed Molly from stage 4 rectal cancer, and proved to be the Victory over that horrible enemy. I know many people with an awesome faith in God do not get to see an earthly healing of their earthly bodies, but those folks will see an even better healing as their bodies will or have been already made perfect as they live eternally with God. I love the name Yahweh Mekaddesh; He Makes you Holy. I continue to hope for that time when I can be considered a Holy person. Meanwhile I lean on Him to become more like Him, and love that it is my desire to be like Him; to be Holy. I love the peaceful existence I have here on our little hobby farm, and love His name Yahweh Shalom ~ He is your Peace, I love that feeling of not having turmoil in my inner being. I love Peace! I particularly, because of my background raising cattle, and now with my sheep, love Yahweh Ro'i;  The Lord is my Shepherd. But a New Testament name for God first heard as Yeshua (Jesus) prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane ,is even more special.



I was blessed as a child. One of my favorite memories as a small child is of my walking hand in hand with my Daddy at the county fair. Thinking how proud I was of my Daddy, and feeling so very special because this man was holding my hand, and taking special care of me, I was so proud to be his daughter. I felt safe and secure with him. I wanted to do what ever I could to make him proud of me.



We read in Mark 14:36 in the New American Standard Bible (NASB)

“And He was saying, “Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.”



This name of God means simply “Daddy, the close and special relationship  a small child has to his father, just like the one I had with my dad walking at the county fair, being recognized as belonging to him. Daddy is one of the first words a child learns. And we have been given the privilege through Yeshua to call God by this most special name Daddy, Abba Father. WOW! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about how our Elohim (Creator) desires for us to be in such an intimate relationship with Him! Abba Father how special is that?

Reflect on this today. Maybe you did not have that special relationship with an earthly dad so that you can relate as I can, but the really cool thing is that then you still have that privilege of knowing our Heavenly Father, Abba, Father in that most intimate way. Cling to Him. Accept Him as your Abba, Father. Your Daddy. He is waiting for you! He loves you like no one else ever can or will.

No comments:


A LESSON