Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trusting in Jesus as All-Sufficient

Today I will just quote from page 134 of the study book: "TRUSTING IN THE NAMES OF GOD":

"Trusting in Jesus as All-Sufficient"
"He has said to me. "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness' " (2 Corinthians 12:9). Paul's thorn in the flesh prompted him to implore the Lord for removal of the torment. But Jesus proclaimed His all-sufficiency to Paul. He was enough for Paul's greatest weakness.  In fact, the greater the obstacle, the more Paul would experience the power of Christ. And because Jesus is the exact representation of God (Hebrews 1:3), all believers can experience the power of El Shaddai in their lives as Jesus now lives in them (Galatians 2:20) through the indwelling Holy Spirit. (Romans 8:9-10)

2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me

Hebrews 1:3

And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Romans 8:9-10

"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

No comments:


A LESSON