Monday, March 05, 2012

DISCOVER ADONAI

Today I am just going to copy a quote from page 124 of our study book "TRUSTING IN THE NAMES OF GOD" by Catherine Martin.I would encourage you to buy this book, It is REALLY GOOD READING! DISCOVER ADONAI We see God revealed as Adonai for the first time in Genesis15:2 in the words of Abram, responding to God's promise to be his shield and great reward:
"O Lord GOD. what will you give me, since I am childless?"
The Hebrew word translated "Lord" is Adonai and means master and owner. In the Old testament, Adonai is translated "Lord" (initial capital only)in contrast to Yahweh, translated "LORD" (small capitals or all capitals) Adonai is almost always plural in form as (pointing to the Trinity as in Elohim) and possessive ("my Lord's") Closing out this study today with another beautiful song from You Tube:
Adonai
Tomorrow We will DRAW NEAR TO ADONAI

No comments:


A LESSON