Saturday, March 10, 2012

DEPEND ON ADONAI

Who or what is your master?   You are loyal to your master above all other commitments.   So just think for a minute.  How do you plan your day?  Your week? Your month? Your year?  Where does Adonai fit into your schedule?  Is  He really your master?  Is  He really the Lord of your life?  If  He is not first in our thoughts as we plan out the schedule, the activities of our life, maybe we need to rethink our priorities. Recently, while talking with a young woman who has asked me to teach her how to love God like I love God, she said that everyone she knows who claims to be a Christian is a hypocrite. They all live their lives basically the same way she does, and she says she definitely is not living her life for God. So her comments, questions and concerns over how the rest of the world does NOT really live for Christ made me sad, and made me wonder if my life also is reflecting Him. If our priorities do not line up with God's will, then He really is not the Master of our life.


SUPPORT OF ADONAI
"Your trust and reliance on Adonai means you will support Him, submit to Him, serve Him, and act as a good steward of all He entrusts to you.. . .Your loyalty to Adonai includes a decision to respond to His call to follow Him above all others and say like it is written in Joshua ~ Catherine Martin~


Joshua 24:15 "If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” "



SUBMISSION TO ADONAI
God wants all of you. He wants you to give all you have to him He wants you to let Him be your supreme Master. Adonai, Lord of your ENTIRE life. Basically becoming a voluntary slave to Adonai. It is very simple, just like this verse in Scripture.
James 4:7a "Submit therefore to God."
It is indeed very simple, but perhaps not all that easy. But it is important that we do just that, SUBMIT THEREFORE TO GOD

SERVICE TO ADONAI
To each of us, God has given gifts so we can serve Him
And He has given you and me these gifts because He wants us to use them to serve Him. He wants you to dedicate your life to Him.
1 Corinthians 12:4-6

"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."

If you have indeed said yes to Adonai, then your whole life is dedicated to serving Him. Please, when you wake up in the morning, take time out and sit alone and speak to Him. Hear what He has to say to YOU in His Word. Give service to Him. You need the quiet time alone with Him in order to hear His voice, and to be able to know how He wants you to serve Him.
STEWARDSHIP FROM ADONAI

1 Corinthians 9:17

"For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have a stewardship entrusted to me."
If you would rely on Adonai, you would serve Him faithfully and regard everything you do as a stewardship entrusted to you.
Colossians 1:25 "Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God,"
God has given you time, talents and treasures. What are you willing to do with them?
"If He is not Lord of all, then He is not Lord at all." ~Hudson Taylor~
are you willing to say, "Adonai, You are my Lord, Master and Owner. Pierce my ear to signify that I am Yours forever!" ? Are you ready to surrender it all to Jesus?
Listen to the words to this song as you think on this lesson today:
I Surrender All To Jesus

No comments:


A LESSON