Friday, June 20, 2008

Colossians 3:1&2


1 You have been raised up with Christ. So think about things that are in heaven. That is where Christ is. He is sitting at God's right hand. 2 Think about things that are in heaven. Don't think about things that are on earth.



This command is very hard for me to follow. I love thinking about heavenly things, don't get me wrong. I love the Word, and enjoy seeing God's people being blessed and blessing others. I have a desire to see everyone come to Christ. But what I am talking about is that everyday life, getting all wrapped up in the problems of this world.I need to remember why I am here and always tryto seek God's glory, not mine or my family's glory. What I need to do is make sure when I do anything to make sure I ask God what is in it for Him, not me, not my kids or grand kids, but what is happening in this situation to expand His glorious Kingdom.


Lord, please help me to know your will, and to desire that whatever happens to me here on earth, I seek the bigger picture, and seek to do your will and look forward to seeing that the whatever I do is for you.

No comments:


A LESSON