Saturday, June 21, 2008

18 The Lord is close to everyone who prays to him,
to all who truly pray to him
. Psalm 145:18
Today I got a text from Kristi. I was getting excited to have her return from the mission trip. But alas they are stuck in Brussels and will not get home until tomorrow afternoon. God knew how disappointed I am. I think it is so interesting how He can bring just the right word at just the right time! He did it for me today!

I love Books by Evelyn Christensen. Mark and Jordan know this, and got me "A Journey into Prayer" back when I was in the hospital in January and February. I have been enjoying her incites in this devotional book. But today when I opened it, The title of the devotional was Prayer Transcends Mile.She shares how the prayers of their loved ones back home and their prayers at the same time in Africa, made them feel in their souls as though they were in the same room together. An amazing phenomenon. I know that with the advancement of technology, God has blessed us with the use of texting, and feeling a closeness through this technology, and I appreciate it so much! But the closeness we can get through the power of prayer is so much greater and so much more intimate. God has given us so many blessings when we choose to allow Him to work in us. I cannot count the times I have been missing Terry on the road, and would pray for him, asking God to take care of him and keep him safe, and when I finish my little prayer, the phone rings and it is Terry telling me he is okay. And the same has happened on this mission trip of Kristi's Praying and then my little song "My Little Girl" comes across the seas. Silly, I know, but I usually let the song play through before I read the text. I am so blessed to have my beautiful baby, beautiful from the outside in....chasing her dreams. taking on the world, and knowing the road that will lead her home again... (my paraphrase)
Have a great day everyone! I will get my Beautiful Baby back again tomorrow!
Lord, Thank you that you transcend the miles that separate us and our loved ones. Thank you that in prayer we can be together with each other --and You.

No comments:


A LESSON