Thursday, February 23, 2012

TRUSTING IN EL ELYON ~ HE IS YOUR SOVEREIGN

KEY VERSE:
GENESIS 14:19-20
"Blessed be Abram of God Most High; and blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand".
Please prepare today for our lessons on El Elyon by reading the following sections of Scripture:
Genesis Chapter 14
Genesis Chapter 39
Genesis Chapter 45

And then read these verses:
2 Peter 1:16 "For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty."
Romans 8: 38-39 "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
John 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,"
1 Chronicles 29:11-12 "Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O LORD, and You exalt Yourself as head over all. Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone."
Psalm 57:2 "I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me."
Psalm 47:2 "For the LORD Most High is to be feared, A great King over all the earth."
Romans 9:20-21 "On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? "
Psalm 83:18 "That they may know that You alone, Whose name is the LORD, Are the Most High over all the earth."
Psalm 97:9 "For You are the LORD Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods."
Jeremiah 18:3-4 "Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something on the wheel. But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make."
In 1902, Adelaide A. Pollard, a Bible teacher and hymn writer, was hoping to go to Africa as a missionary but found herself unable to raise the needed funds to make the journey. Greatly discouraged, she attended a prayer service one evening and as she sat there, she overheard an elderly woman say "It really doesn't matter what you do with us, Lord, just have your own way with our lives." The elderly woman inspired Pollard and she contemplated the story of the potter from Jeremiah 18:3 and, upon her return home that evening, wrote all four stanzas before retiring for the night. Five years later George Stebbins wrote a tune titled "Adelaide" to accompany the text.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit ’till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me.
Click HERE to hear Jim Reeves singing this song

No comments:


A LESSON