Sunday, February 19, 2012

DEPEND ON ELOHIM

DEPEND ON ELOHIM

The author of the study book today, shared the story of Ethel Waters. What a beautiful story developed from tragic circumstances! Her mother was raped when only 12 years old, and Ethel was conceived. According to many today she would have been a prime case for abortion. Many would have seen her as a mistake... and would have encouraged her 12 year old mother to have an abortion. But Elohim had plans for this "mistake" What could possibly be good about a 12 year old girl having a baby from such a horrendous act? What a horrible reminder of the awful crime! BUT Elohim had plans for this "mistake." Ethel could sing! And Ethel loved Elohim! from 1957 - 1976, Elohim opened the doors for Ethel to sing on tour with Billy Graham. If you have never heard Ethel sing "His Eye is On the Sparrow", Please take a moment to listen now. Click on this link: ETHEL WATERS I don't know about you, but when I read her story, and listen to her Declaring Elohim, like I talked about in the last lesson, I just tear up. I just love listening to her sing her praises to Elohim,
"Others may have thought Ethel Waters was a mistake, looking only at her humble beginnings, but Ethel Waters knew Elohim and remained confident she was on earth by His design. And you can know that same truth. You are God's design. Draw near to Elohim today and depend on Him to weave His design into your life." ~ Catherine Martin, from Trusting in the Names of God
Ethel learned to depend on her creator. Read the words to her signature song:
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,  
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.  
Refrain: I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,  
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.  
“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,  
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears; 
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;  
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;  
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.  
Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,  
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,  
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;  
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;  
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

No comments:


A LESSON