Saturday, June 06, 2009

WHAT A RIDE we have been on!
In the beginning we went to:
Isaac's baseball game:




















Then I went to Lawrence Kansas with Joshua and Mom to see my niece and nephew in concert. Stayed at Kathie's condo, had brunch at Ashley and Bens, went to the excellent concert, and then headed home.Had a lovely time. Here are some photos from that trip:








and
When we got home, I got a call from Matthew, and got the sad news Chandra was in the hospital. So I did not unpack, but went on down to Houston. I planned to help Matthew and Chandra until Chandra got back on her feet. But alas I was feeling sick even before I got there, and I ended up in the Houston hospital with a bout of cellulitous (see a post from last year on that) and then contracted a secondary infection & I ended up with pneumonia.... So I was not the help I intended to be for them. I am however praising the Lord for the wonderful church family they have in Houston. All the evening meals were brought in, and one of Chandra's dear friends came over and played with the boys, did the laundry, and all the house work most days. Here are a few pictures from my time in Houston:

We made hand print cookies:









Noah in his baseball uniform....










And Isaiah in his Green Bay Packers "baseball uniform"...


I have been home since a week ago Wednesday. Shortly after we got home, Terry realized there had been a burglery in our home while we were gone. John and Mom had been here the day before, and left around 4 in the afternoon, and we had gotten home about 3 pm the following day. So sometime in between, we had been robbed. Several guns, in particular the blackpowder the boys had made for Terry, a mason jar full of valuable coins, two of my computers and my external hard drive, which housed ALL of my photos were taken. We had a deputy sheriff visit and he said he would try to locate our stuff, but so far nothing has turned up even with friends looking for us in pawn shops.... I am getting better now and plan to go to church tomorrow and actually teach my SS class again after a very long absence.

No comments:


A LESSON