Tuesday, August 05, 2008



GOD is magnificent; he can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to his greatness.
Psa 145:3 MSG





I am amazed how God can use our random thoughts to help create awe and wonder about Him. How He can help us to think in heavenly ways about earthly things. How he can turn our musing into praise for Him.
I was thinking about something yesterday, and it really hit home as I continued to ponder it.
I was talking to my DH about how I remembered watching boxing matches with my Dad. I remember it like we were the only ones in the room, just me and Dad. I then told him I remembered watching Gunsmoke and Have Gun Will Travel with him. I remember this as just the two of us in the room. Then I thought that is sorta weird, surely others were there, with four siblings and my Mom in the household, surely others were there with us when we watched these things on TV! Then it made me think about what a Big person he was, how when he was telling a story, everyone stopped to listen. How he could say something, and everyone learned a lesson from whatever he was telling. My dad had only a 10th grade education, but he was the owner of a huge and very respected Angus ranch in Wyoming. He was featured in many farm and agriculture magazines, including the American Angus Journal, and his kids (and my horse were on the cover of The FFA National magazine. He was the president of quite a few organizations, and even served as President of the local school board. He had a lot of common sense, and was not a respecter of persons. A bum on the street was treated the same as the president of the United States, and, yes he did host both bums off the street, and the President on his ranch. Amazing, huh? When he died, there was standing room only in the Biggest church in Cheyenne for his funeral, and on the way to the funeral, the news broadcast about his funeral I was amazed his death was actually on the news....like he was a governor of the state or something . I was telling this to my daughter, Kristi, and her responses were"Pappa made everyone fell like they were the only ones ....He didn't do it just to make you feel special, he really thought you were special and deserved to feel that way"
and I was thinking how awesome it will be in heaven because we will experience this with our heavenly Father in a much much bigger way! How God is so much more than anything we can ever imagine! How I will feel like I am the only one in the room with Him... How awesome is that?

No comments:


A LESSON